What i needed:
- An interlocking buckle
- A boys brigade logo (i got a brooch)
- Polymer clay
- Gold spray paint
- Metal file
In order to make a functional buckle, I needed to copy the brooch design, first thing i thought of was polymer clay. There are other ways i could have achieved this, maybe with resin but i did this with other projects before and polymer sticks very well to metal without any adhesives.
I bought a boys’ brigade brooch and an interlocking buckle
I filed down the buckle’s original design as much as i could.
I pressed the inner part in the centre of the brooch to copy the design
It came out really nice and after i cleaned up the edges it looked seamless.
Next I pressed the bigger buckle part into the brooch to copy the outer design with the lettering on it.
After i cleaned it up, it looked seamless too.
I baked both halves in the oven and it was perfect, stuck on there for good as seen below.
I spray painted it gold.
and that’s it! It looks great! and works like a dream.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below!