Jolien aka Tenyon also made these really accurate holsters, have a read 🙂
(I first made a pattern for the holsters out of paper to make sure it would fit right)
1. I made a base out of craft foam (sew the edges with a little stitch) . Leave the front open.
2. Take some thick cardboard and cover the inside back and sides of your holster with it (this may take a while to fit right, just don’t rush it).
3. I took a little strip of leather to close the front of the holster, you can either sew it or glue it (or both, better to be save).
4. Now comes the tricky part: covering the whole holster in leather, because you may notice that there is a bend/S-form on the left side of the holster, you have to make a seam there or else it won’t fit. (see picture)
5. After covering the holster in leather you can put the rivets on the front (I just glued them on there because they kept falling off,lol) and I added an extra piece of cardboard covered in black leather on the back (cause on some high resolution pics you can see there is a kind of double layer on the back).
I spray painted the brown inner carboard layer of the holster black.
I attached my holsters with leather screws for the top strap;
For the bottom strap I carved 2 lines at the bottom back of the holster and put the leather strap through (so it can move with my leg).